What is microneedling?
Microneedling is a process that induces collagen production and strengthens the epidermis. A machine with needles is used to create micro channels in the skin which triggers the body into producing new collagen and elastin. Microneedling has NO DOWN TIME compared to laser treatments which is why it is replacing lasers.
How many treatments will I need?
Everyone is different and will have different needs but in general; 3-4 treatments for those who have mild to moderate acne scarring, and 6 treatments for deeper scars/stretch marks. The first 3-6 treatments will be done consecutively which will be spaced out every 4-6 weeks and quarterly maintenance is recommended.
Benefits of Microneedling
- Improves wrinkles and fine lines
- Smoother, firmer, younger looking skin
- Improves skin texture and scars. (diminishes the look of acne scars even the deep "craters")
- Reduces the appearance of stretch marks
- Lightens hyperpigmentation
- Anti-aging treatment
What to Expect After Microneedling
- Redness may last 12-48 hours and can be sensitive for a few days.
- Do not touch your face the first 4 hours after the treatment
- Eating fresh pineapple helps heighten the healing process as well as any skin discomfort
- Avoid strenuous exercise/sweating for 24 hours
- Avoid sun exposure for at least 3 days
- Always apply sunscreen
- No makeup for 24 hours.
What's the difference between cosmetic microneedling and professional?
Many clients use at home microneedling rollers and we believe this is great maintenace for skin. We believe you do need to exercise your skin by making an appointment.
Professional microneedling offers
- Controlled depth of .25-2.5mm
- Professional skin care products to penetrate into the micro channels
- Topical Lidocaine
- Professional training
- Sterile needle every time
- Most people don't know the proper technique
- You could do more damage to the skin that cannot be fixed
- It can hurt
- Needles can bend over time
- Reuse the needles - can get an infection if not cleansed properly
- Devices have a 4-6 month shelf life